The big day, 24 September 2020 is nearly here. This year’s theme is Creative Communities.
Join in on the day, by organising an arts activity or sharing stories about the way you have used the arts to keep care settings connected during Covid-19.
During this difficult time, we have seen the most amazing examples of how the arts and creativity have been used to build community and keep care settings connected:
Corridor choirs, window art, poetry pen pals, online ceramic sessions, art packs, live-streamed concerts, craft activities, garden concerts … we want to hear about them all! How have you used creative activities during this time to keep residents and staff connected to family and friends?
Show us what you’re doing
There’s two ways you can take part on 24 September.
1. Organise an event on the theme of Creative Communities
Hold an activity or event on the day, using the arts to connect and build community in some way. You could:
- Organise an entertainer to come and play in your garden
- Make some cards to send to friends and relatives
- Plan an online activity with another care home.
- Use an on-line resource shared by an arts organisation, museum or art gallery
- Have a socially distanced care home choir performance and share it online.
See our Partner Pages for more activity ideas and useful resources.
2. Share stories on SM on the day
On 24 September, share details of your event and post pictures and stories about how you have used the arts to keep care settings connected, during COVID-19. Include the hashtags #AICH2020 and #CreativeCommunities. Please tag in @artsincarehomes @NAPAlivinglife
Need more help?
Download our ‘Get Involved’ Pack
This consists of some basics to help setup and promote an event:
- The Baring Foundation’s easy to use Treasury of Art Activities for older people
- Poster templates for you to use for your event
- Logos and images to use for social media promotion
- Suggested content for social media posts
- Colouring in sheet
Let us know what you have planned:
Tell us how you will get involved on 24 September by completing the form below.
Four care homes, chosen at random on the day, will win £100 NAPA Arts in Care Homes vouchers. Vouchers can be used to spend on creative activities to enhance the health, happiness and wellbeing of residents and staff. Winners will be notified by email.